Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My favorite things, kitchen edition

There are a lot of reasons why I fell in love with this house. It's not the biggest house and it's not the nicest, but to me it's perfect. Today I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite things that were a part of the house, before we moved in. Maybe Ill even make this a permanent feature!

So, today Ill start with the kitchen, just because that's what I took pictures of.

We have an eat-in kitchen with no formal dining room. We spend a lot of time in here, as you can imagine and it's the one room in the house that I insist on having clean.

Neither Jason nor I could remember what color the walls were painted or what the window treatments looked like when we left after signing the papers, before moving in. Thankfully, the walls were ugly and gave me an excuse to paint! But the even better news was that I looooved the window treatments. There are two windows in this room, one in the eating area and one above the sink.

This one is above the sink:


And this one is by our table:
If you can remember my post yesterday about my kitchen mat, you'll notice the similar colors in the curtains. That is one of the reasons why it ended up in the room.
I absolutely love the way these curtains look. They're easy, no-fuss and keep out a good proportion of light. My younger brother (who lives with us) likes to take them down though to block out the sun while he is on his lap top. I cant tell you how much it drives me crazy! I can just never get them back the way they were. Other than that though, they are perfect.
The other great thing is the chalkboard painted directly on the side of our pantry. It goes all the way to the ceiling so there is lots of room and the kids have somewhere to color, other than my walls! That artwork was actually done before we moved in, but I cant bring myself to erase it. Ha!

So there you have it: my favorite things, kitchen edition

Total post time: 18 minutes

This post is part of the mom's 30 minute blog challenge






No comments:

Post a Comment