Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mom's no-bake cherry cheesecake

One of my favorite desserts growing up was this cherry cheesecake my mom made. It was usually for summer time or special occasions but now that I'm making it for my own family, we tend to have it a bit more often.

Yup, that's all cream cheese; I choose to turn a blind eye to the calories.


Um, and whipping cream...





This last picture just did not turn out right. I have no idea why the cherries are orange? Whatever color, this is sooo good.




The recipe:
Graham crust prepared to package directions (sometimes I use Oreo)
2 250g pkgs cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
Cherry pie filling*

Press crust into 9 x 13 dish* and chill. Blend cream cheese, whipping cream and sugar; beat until smooth. Pour over crust and smooth for even coverage. Spoon pie filling on top and chill for about an hour.
*I've never tried but I'm sure you could use any type of pie filling or even fresh fruit as your topping.
*I've always used a 9x13 dish but you could also use a 9" pie plate and have your crust come half way up the sides.







No comments:

Post a Comment